The following information was taken from the X-FAQ file maintained by David B. Lewis.
- BIM Educational Services offers training in X administration and in
programming with Xt/Motif and Open Windows; the courses are given near
Brussels. Info: email@example.com, voice +32-(0)2-7595925, fax +32-(0)2-7599209.
- Bluestone Consulting, Inc. offers several multi-day, hands-on
training courses in X, Xt, Motif, C and C++. Information is available
at 609-727-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communica Software Consultants offers three-day hands-on courses in X
designed for the X Window System developer and programmer. Contact Chris
Clarkson, telephone 61 8 3732523, e-mail email@example.com. [12/92]
- Cora Computer Technologies (516-485-7343) offers several courses.
- GHCT offers a one week lecture/lab course for programmers designed
by Douglas Young based on his book "The X Window System: Programming and
Applications with Xt, OSF/Motif Edition". Information: Brian Stell
(415-966-8805 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- GHG offers a range of courses on X and Motif. Information:
713-488-8806 or email@example.com.
- Hands On Learning has live training and self-paced video workshops on
topics such as using and/or programming X, Xlib, Xm, and Xt. Information:
- Hewlett-Packard (1-800-HPCLASS; or contact your local HP center)
offers a 2-day "Introduction to X", a 5-day Xlib course, a 1-day Xt and Motif
1.1 seminar, and a 5-day Motif lab course.
- Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc., offers several multi-day,
hands-on courses on X, Xt, and the Xaw and Motif widget sets, in particular.
Information is available at 617-621-0060 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intelligent Visual Computing teaches several lab courses on-site for
Motif and XView. IVC is at 1-800-776-2810 or +1 919-481-1353 or at
- Iris Computing Laboratories offers five-day Xlib and Xt courses.
Info: +1-505-988-2670 or email@example.com.
- IXI Limited (+44 223 462 131) offers regular X training courses for
both programmers and non-technical managers. See also: Unipalm, below.
- Learning Tree International offers a four-day course in X Window
System applications development, including Xlib and some information on
Motif. For more info call 800-824-9155 (213-417-3484); 613-748-7741 in
Canada. Courses are offered in major North American cities; also in London,
Stockholm, Tokyo, and elsewhere.
- Lurnix offers several 3- to 5-day courses on using X and programming
with Xlib and Motif. Information is available at 800-875-4478.
- Non Standard Logics (+33 (1) 43 36 77 50; firstname.lastname@example.org) offers
courses on programming with Xlib, Motif, and creating Motif widgets.
- OSF Educational Services (617-621-8778) offers one-day seminars and
one-week Motif lab courses.
- Software Pundits (617-270-0639) offers a range of courses.
- Technology Exchange (617-944-3700) offers a 4-day Xlib/Xt/Motif course.
- Alsys (formerly TeleSoft) is now offering a 1-day plus 3-day seminar
on X and Motif. Information: Bruce Sherman (619-457-2700, email@example.com).
- Unipalm XTech offers OSF's 5-day Motif course and a 1-day overview on
X. Information: Unipalm Training at +44 952 211797, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University of Edinburgh is developing a series of courses on X
and related topics primarily for non-profit-making training in academia but
also for commercial use. Information: Cliff Booth, Unipalm Ltd, phone +44 223
420002, fax +44 223 426868.
- Various universities are offering short X courses or overviews: UCLA,
Dartmouth, University of Lowell, University of Canberra (within Australia:
- UC Berkeley Extension will have a one week X/Motif class for
programmers in San Francisco starting on July 29. The class will have a
hands-on lab. For more information contact UCBX at 415 323 8141.
- In addition, the X Consortium posts approximately quarterly a list of
unendorsed speakers and consultants who can provide talks on a variety of X
Please email comments and suggestions to email@example.com.